Speaking to Sky News, royal expert Robert Lacey claimed Meghan Markle’s impact on the Royal Family has been unprecedented and significant into the understanding of what lies ahead for whoever enters the family next. Mr Lacey claims that the Duchess of Sussex’s clashes with Prince Harry’s family on issues such as feminism or social change will prevent a return of the royal couple to the UK, unless divergences are “sorted out”.
He said: “With hindsight it’s clear that the Palace, when they saw this self-made successful woman, a celebrity in her own right before she met Harry, a millionaire in her own right before she met Harry.
“Unlike anyone that had been before in the Royal Family, she has these dedicated believes in feminism, social change.
“There is the cutting edge. Her dedication to these causes caused clashes with the royal traditions of impartiality.
“And that’s going to be one of the challenged that has to be sorted out in the future if the couple are going to come back in some way into the family.”
READ MORE: Prince Harry’s Archie parenting revealed in ULTIMATE royal snub
The Duke of Sussex has reportedly refused to return home for Christmas.
Claims Prince Harry will be returning to the UK have been dismissed by a source, who said the Duke of Sussex has no intention to cross the pond before Christmas.
The source told Vanity Fair: “Global travel has been made very complicated by the coronavirus pandemic and at the moment the Duke has no plans to travel back to the UK, certainly not before Christmas.
“The problem is if he comes over then he has to quarantine and that makes things quite difficult.”
Despite the distance from his homeland made worse by coronavirus-induced travel restrictions, the Duke of Sussex is said to be excited to have an “American Christmas”.
Royal expert Katie Nicholl wrote in Vanity Fair: “Harry and Meghan are said to be looking forward to spending their first American Christmas together in their new Montecito home.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to travel back to the UK in early January, on time to attend Meghan’s High Court case against Associated Newspapers.
The trial starting on January 11 is set to last between eight to 10 days and at the moment is still planned to be carried out in person rather than virtually.