Captain Tom health update: Family with war hero as he battles Covid – statement issued | UK | News (Reports)

0
98

The 100-year-old war hero was taken to hospital on Sunday after being treated for pneumonia for some time and testing positive for COVID-19 last week. In a statement released this evening, Bedford Hospital confirmed the veteran fundraiser is still being treated at the ward and his family are with him.

In the update, released with the agreement of his daughters Hannah Ingram-Moore and Lucy Teixeira, the hospital said: “Bedford Hospital continues to care for Captain Sir Tom Moore.

“At this time members of Captain Tom’s family are with him.

“We respectfully request that media give the family space and privacy and do not contact them directly so they can focus on their father, grandfather and father-in-law.”

His daughter Hannah confirmed he was taken to hospital yesterday after suffering breathing difficulties.

In a post on Twitter on Sunday, she also confirmed he was being treated in ward and not an Intensive Care Unit (ICU)

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has led the good-will messages to Captain Tom and said he has been in contact with the family.

During a visit to northern England this afternoon, he said: “I spoke to the family last night, and all I can say is Captain Tom Moore has been an inspiration to everybody in this country during this pandemic.

“Our thoughts and our prayers are now with him and with his family.”

This is a developing news story, more to follow.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.