Scotland has countrywide measures like England and clamped down on hotspot regions.
Countrywide measures include:
- No mixing between households in the home
- A 10pm curfew on all hospitality settings
- No groups larger than six from two different households
- Two-week quarantine for anyone and their household in contact with a COVID-19 positive person
- Essential visits to hospitals and care homes only
The following five central belt regions have entered stricter lockdown:
- East Dunbartonshire
- East Renfrewshire
- West Dunbartonshire
The new rules for the five central belt areas include:
- All licensed public venues to close indoors and outdoors except for takeaway
- Cafes without an alcohol license can remain open until 6pm
- Snooker, pool, bingo halls and casinos must all close from October 10
- Contact sports will cease for two weeks from October 10 with exceptions for professional sports
For Scotland as a whole, Ms Sturgeon has prohibited cafes or restaurants serving alcohol from October 9 to 25.
Outdoor venues can continue to serve alcohol until a 10pm curfew.