The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to the Californian community of Montecito, Santa Barbara, this summer. A local association has warned a bear has been spotted in the area and that residents should not confront it.
The Montecito Association, in an email seen by , described the bear’s presence as “dangerous for neighbours”.
It added: “The bear likely lives in Ranchos San Carlos, which recently sold.
“There may be new activity on the ranch that is disturbing the bear and setting it off into the community.”
Unfortunately, this can mean bears become used to food associated with humans, and the animals can be killed as a result.
The Montecito Association said local sheriffs are calling for “a humane trap” so the bear can be relocated.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to the area with their son Archie having previously stayed for some months in Los Angeles.
Their home in Santa Barbara is said to be nestled amongst A-list celebrities and is reportedly worth over $14 million, or nearly £11 million.
In LA, the couple had temporarily stayed in a 12-bedroom mansion in Beverly Hills, which is owned by US actor Tyler Perry.
Since relocating to the US from Britain, the Sussexes have undertaken some charity work and spoken out on issues such as mental health, structural racism, and the upcoming US election.
In addition, they signed a lucrative production deal with video streaming platform Netflix, which will see them produce their own content.
On Tuesday, the Duke and Duchess appeared on an episode of Time magazine’s Time100 Talks, in which they discussed misinformation online.
Prince Harry said such misinformation online is a “global crisis” and that is it not restricted to a certain platform.