Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘to host A-list stars’ at home in royal Christmas snub | Royal | News (Reports)

0
63

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not be returning to the UK for Christmas with the Royal Family due to the ongoing pandemic. However, the couple will invite the celebrity couple over to their multi-million-dollar home for the holidays a source has told Marie Claire. It comes as the UK-based royals adjust their holiday plans due to the UK’s coronavirus restrictions, with an annual meet up at Sandringham Estate ruled out by Buckingham Palace.

Sources close to the Sussex royals said to MarieClaire Mr Foster and Ms McPhee will be invited to their Montecito home.

Ms McPhee, an actress, and Meghan were friends at school, and Grammy award winning producer Mr Foster is said to be a “father figure” to Harry.

The source added: “They’ve also invited David and Katharine to spend it with them.

“David had mentioned Harry and Meghan going to theirs but Meghan wants it at home.”

READ MORE: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry praised for ‘going their own way’ and being self-sufficient

READ  Committing to safeguarding progress made on the Women, Peace and Security agenda

In August, the Daily Mirror reported Harry would celebrate his 36th birthday with Mr Foster.

A source told the outlet: “David wants to make it special for Harry but also keep it casual and low-key with some fine wine, great food and intimate company.”

Ms McPhee also spoke out about her husband and Harry’s relationship this year, telling Access Hollywood how close the pair had become.

She said: “My husband has a really, really beautiful relationship with Harry.

“They’re so cute. They’re like father and son.”

It comes after the Royal Family have scaled back their Christmas plans due to the UK’s coronavirus restrictions, with Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip also having a quiet holiday.

READ  Brexit news: 'We WILL take back CONTROL’ – Defiant Theresa May sets out bold plan | Politics | News - UK

For the first time in 33 years, the Queen and Philip will skip the annual retreat to Sandringham Estate in favour of staying put at Windsor Castle.

In a statement earlier this month, Buckingham Palace said: “Having considered all the appropriate advice, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh have decided that this year they will spend Christmas quietly in Windsor.”

The UK’s guidelines also hold only three households may mix indoors from December 23 to December 27, making a traditional royal Christmas impossible.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.