Prince Charles, 72, and Camilla, 73, are both in the fourth priority group for the vaccine, due to their age. A spokesman for the couple said: “The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall have had their first COVID-19 vaccinations.” The Queen, 94, and Prince Philip, 99, received their jabs last month.
The Queen decided to reveal she had received the job in a bid to curb misinformation about the vaccine.
The royals are among 12.6 million people in the UK to have received at least one dose of a vaccine so far.
The Prince of Wales, the Queen’s eldest son, had previously spoken publicly about his willingness to receive the jab, but joked that he was “way down the list” to receive it.
He said he would “absolutely” take the jab when offered it and recently told CNN that vaccinating the population was “critical” to ending the current crisis.
Last March, Charles tested positive for coronavirus having displayed mild symptoms.
The Duchess of Cornwall was also tested at the time but did not have the virus.
Speaking after he had recovered from the disease, Charles said he “got away with it quite lightly”.
He told Sky News at the beginning of June: “I was lucky in my case… but I’ve had it, and I can so understand what other people have gone through.”
JUST IN: Meghan’s ‘deal or no deal’ ultimatum to Queen unveiled
The UK is rolling out the vaccine scheme at a record pace, and hopes to offered the first dose of the jab to all those in the top four priority groups by Monday February 15.
Those in the top four groups include all those over 70, health and social care workers, care home residents, their carers and people deemed to be clinically extremely vulnerable to the virus.
MORE TO FOLLOW…