Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Oprah interview ‘to be re-edited’ after losing patronages | Royal | News (Reports)

0
18

On Friday, Buckingham Palace confirmed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not be returning as senior working royals. Earlier this month it was also revealed that Meghan and Harry will take part in an “intimate” and “wide-ranging” interview with American TV legend Oprah Winfrey.

The Sussexes initially shocked the nation last year when they decided to step down from their royal duties.

As part of their deal with the Queen, the Sussexes agreed to have a 12-month review with the Palace which was expected to be held around March.

A statement from the Palace said the royals were “saddened” by Meghan and Harry’s decision but that the Sussexes “remain much loved members of the family”.

On Friday, the Palace also confirmed that “the honorary military appointments and Royal patronages held by The Duke and Duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty.”

Meghan and Harry’s Oprah interview is understood to have taken place last Tuesday.

However, as the couple were stripped of their patronages and military titles after the interview was recorded, it will have to be “re-edited”, a source claimed.

A US TV insider told the Mirror that CBS would have ideally liked to re-shoot some of the interview in order to discuss the changes which were announced on Friday.

A source told the Mirror: “When the Duke and Duchess spoke, it was never envisaged they would have their patronages taken away.

READ MORE: Meghan Markle’s theatre patronage up for grabs amid Megxit fallout

READ  Brexit is a 'fix', with EU certain to win - UK

Ms Winfrey is said to have spent two days with the Sussexes filming the interview.

The primetime show is scheduled to air on CBS on March 7 at 8pm for the east coast of America.

For those in the UK, the programme will be live at 1am on March 8.

The Palace is said to be nervous about it after Princess Diana’s bombshell interview in 1995, according to sources.

The Princess of Wales sat down with Martin Bashir and spoke openly about her treatment as part of the Royal Family.

One source told the Mirror: “One only has to look at the previous instalments of the tell-all interview to know these things never end up with a wholly positive experience for any party.

“Everyone will be watching with intense interest.”

The Oprah interview will also be another opportunity for fans to view Meghan’s baby bump after her pregnancy announcement.

Last week, Meghan and Harry confirmed they are expecting a second child.

A spokesperson for the Sussexes said in a statement: “Archie is going to be a big brother.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.”

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.