Mr Morgan was responding to politically charged comments Meghan made when she addressed an event, by video link, encouraging women to participate in the upcoming presidential election. The Duchess used the occasion to say voters should make a “change” before adding “if you aren’t going out there and voting, then you’re complicit”.
Meghan was speaking at a virtual event hosted by the When All Women Vote initiative, co-chaired by Michelle Obama.
She also used her talk to warn against “attempts at voter suppression” during the upcoming election.
Responding to the comments on Twitter Mr Morgan said: “The Queen must strip the Sussexes of their titles.
“They can’t remain as royals & spout off about foreign elections in such a brazenly partisan way.”
Members of the Royal Family are expected to remain politically neutral and keep their opinions private.
Meghan and Harry stood down as senior members of the royal family earlier this year and now live in Los Angeles.
In response to the criticism social media users leapt to the Duchesses’ defence.
Replying to Mr Morgan TV personality Josie Gibson said: “Oh no she’s passionate about her country and who gets elected. How dare she.”
READ MORE: Queen heartbreak – When will Queen Elizabeth II next see baby Archie?
Joe Biden officially received the Democratic Party presidential nomination on Thursday.
He is currently polling ahead of his rival, sitting president Donald Trump.
During her speech Meghan said: “We’re only 75 days away from election day and that is so very close, and yet there’s so much work to be done in that amount of time, because we all know what’s at stake this year.
“And we look at the attempts of voter suppression and what that’s doing, all the more reason we need each of you to be out there supporting each other to understand that this fight is worth fighting and we all have to be out there mobilising to have our voices heard,” she told the event.
“If you aren’t going out there and voting, then you’re complicit.
“If you are complacent, you’re complicit.”
Harry and Meghan announced their intention to stand down as senior royals back in January.
After a brief stay in Canada the couple moved to Los Angeles shortly before the COVID-19 lockdown came into effect.
They recently purchased a £11.2m home set on five acres of land.
The Duke and Duchess were spotted delivering supplies to vulnerable LA residents during the lockdown.