Prince Harry fans hit out after Duke ‘excluded’ from significant Royal Family portrait | Royal | News (Reports)

0
56

Prince Harry was “sent a message” about his and Meghan Markle’s role within the Royal Family with a poignant portrait, according to author Robert Lacey. The Duke of Sussex did not feature in the annual New Year photo, which included the Queen and her three immediate heirs. But Royally Obsessed hosts Roberta Fiorito and Rachel Bowie however vehemently dismissed the claims, insisting Harry was fully aware the portrait focused on the first three next in line to the throne.

Ms Bowie said: “Harry saw the official royal portrait of the Queen, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George as exclusionary.

READ  Coronavirus news: NHS is ready for COVID-19 second wave this winter claims expert | UK | News (Reports)

“It sounded like he was like, ‘oh, they left me out,’ in a b***hy way.”

Despite conceding the portrait focused on the immediate line of succession, Ms Bowie suggested Prince Harry could have been included as a “prominent” family member.

She continued: “How hard would it have been to include Harry?

JUST IN: Prince Philip heartbreak: Duke ‘intervened’ amid concerns for Prince William – expert

“I get that it’s a line of succession photo but it feels like you’re excluding one prominent member of the family.”

Fellow presenter Roberta Fiorito also dismissed suggestions claiming the Duke of Sussex had been offended by the alleged exclusion.

READ  ‘My son Boris will be PM’ | Politics | News - UK

But she admitted failure to include him had probably reinforced his conviction to quit his role as a working royal to live independently with Meghan and their son Archie.

Ms Fiorito said: “I don’t think I believe that one. That one is a line of succession portrait.

READ MORE: Kate Middleton pregnant: Prince William’s ’50-mile drive’ to protect Duchess amid panic

They also opened up about their support of the Black Lives Matter movement, with the Duchess of Sussex openly discussing her personal experience with racism.

And last month it was announced Harry and Meghan had struck a multi-million deal with Netflix to produce a series of documentaries and educational programmes over the next few years.

READ  Princes Harry and Andrew face being excluded from Remembrance Sunday services at Cenotaph | Royal | News (Reports)

The couple, who in Janurary said they wanted to become financially independent from the royal purse, repayed £2.4 million used for the renovation of their Frogmore Cottage home into the Royal Grant.

And they also confirmed they will no longer rely on the earnings of the Duchy of Cornwall Prince Charles manages which are regularly used to fund the private lives of the children of the Prince of Wales.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.