Prince Harry latest: Queen Elizabeth II will strip Duke of all titles – Royal Family news | Royal | News (Reports)

0
72

The Duke of Sussex will reportedly fight to keep his forces appointments, which were put on hold for a year after his and Meghan Markle’s departure from the Royal Family last March. The 12-month Megxit review will deal with what will happen to Harry’s honorary military titles, including Captain General of the Royal Marines.

Harry, who served in the Army for 10 years, is said to be desperate to keep the titles.

But a palace source told the Telegraph the Queen’s attitude has not changed since the Sandringham summit when she made clear her grandson could not have a “one foot in, one foot out” approach to royal duties.

READ  Jeremy Hunt criticises Google over failures on child abuse content - UK

If the monarch does strip Harry of his forces appointments it is likely to come as a huge blow to him.

A friend told the newspaper: “His military work is one of the most important things to him.

“Of course he wants to keep them.”

The newspaper also cited a friend as saying Harry wants to spend more time in Britain but had been preventing from travelling due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Sussexes announced their intention to step back as senior royals just over a year ago.

READ  Princess Eugenie news: Details of lavish royal childhood released amid due date update | Royal | News (Reports)

The Queen is said to have been blindsided by Meghan and Harry’s surprise statement.

READ MORE: Meghan Markle and Harry follow royal tradition despite leaving Firm

They have signed lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify to make shows and podcasts.

The Sussexes have also bought an £11million mansion in California, where they are living with their young son Archie.

The review will have to decide what happens to the titles and who – if not Harry – will take them on.

The Duke of Cambridge and Princess Anne have been suggested as possible names.

READ  Camilla news: Duchess opens up on personal tragedy in new video - 'We were at loss' | Royal | News (Reports)

Harry, who served on the front line in Afghanistan, has previously spoken of how his life was shaped by his time in the Army.

He is said to have been left crushed when his request for a wreath to be left at the Cenotaph on his behalf on Remembrance Sunday was rejected in November.

Reports have suggested Harry could return to the UK for Trooping the Colour in June.

If he does it would be the first public reunion with the Royal Family since Megxit.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.