Prince Harry supporters furious at Remembrance day attacks on Duke – ‘Not disrespectful’ | Royal | News (Reports)

0
35

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex visited the Los Angeles National Cemetery to mark Remembrance Sunday and released photos of the moment. The move sparked the furious reaction of many royal fans who claimed the couple had been disrespectful. Meghan Markle’s half-sister, Samantha Markle, claimed they should apologise for releasing the pictures. But royal commentator Elizabeth Holmes defended Prince Harry and the Duchess. She told Royally Obsessed podcast: “I hate that people are rushing to judgment at a time when there are just a lot of questions about how this would proceed.

“And then I’m also really disappointed at some of the responses at the photographs they shared of what they did.

“I believe they took flowers from their garden and laid them at the graves of some Commonwealth soldiers in Los Angeles.”

READ  Minister for Equalities sets out government action to tackle Covid disparities

She added: “A couple of people were questioning why they were bringing photographers if this was a private thing.

“But I think it’s very important to remember that this is what the Royal Family does.

“They make appearances, they take photographs, and those photographs go around the world, that’s how they get their press coverage, that’s how we know what they’re doing.

“This did not feel out of the ordinary to me or in any way disrespectful.”

READ MORE: Meghan Markle potentially ‘influenced’ by ‘life’s scariest moment’

Meghan and Harry were absent from the annual commemoration at the Cenotaph in London, having begun a new life in California after stepping down as working royals.

READ  Prince Harry and Prince William issue rare joint statement over Princess Diana's legacy | Royal | News (Reports)

The couple laid flowers that Meghan picked from their garden at the gravesites of two Commonwealth soldiers, one who had served in the Royal Australian Air Force and one from the Royal Canadian Artillery.

The royal couple had also placed a wreath at an obelisk in the cemetery that features a plaque inscribed “In Memory of the Men Who Offered Their Lives In Defence Of Their Country”.

Harry signed a message with the wreath saying: “To all of those who have served and are serving. Thank you.”

Pictures released by the couple includes one of them standing in front of the wreath where Harry has his head bowed.

READ  Trump claims right to issue executive order on vote-by-mail – (Reports)

Ms Markle continued: “Absolutely. This has all been horrible and I think it should have been nipped in the bud.

“Any decent person would have, out of kindness and humanity, never allowed it to get this far.”

Harry, who spent 10 years in the armed forces, wore a navy suit with his service medals attached, while Meghan wore a long belted black coat.

A spokesman for the couple said: “It was important to the Duke and Duchess to be able to personally recognise Remembrance in their own way, to pay tribute to those who have served and to those who gave their lives.”

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.