And, the Queen may have already hinted at “what she’s prepared to give or take” in the negotiations, royal commentators suggest. Vanity Fair Royal Editor Katie Nicholl spoke to True Royalty’s Royal Beat host Kate Thornton about the upcoming spring review of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s exit deal with the Palace. Ms Nicholl pointed to the Duke of Sussex’s official military appointments as one of the main interests.
She told viewers: “There isn’t actually the need at the moment to have this review one year on.
“The one thing that’s outstanding is the matter of Harry’s military titles.
“Of course, he’s keen to keep them.
“I’m told that, as the head of the Armed Forces, it will be the Queen who will ultimately make that decision.”
READ MORE: Prince Harry being ‘discouraged’ from UK return as Duke faces barriers
Ms Nicholl added: “So that is something that’s going to need to be discussed.”
Ms Thornton said: “That’s interesting because we reported earlier that Harry had wanted to have a wreath laid in his name on Remembrance Sunday, and somebody had stepped in to say no.
“We’ve subsequently discovered that that was the Queen.
“That may be her showing her hand in terms of what she’s prepared to give or take.”
Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams agreed when he spoke to Express.co.uk.
He said: “I think that he would much appreciate it if his military links were restored to him.
“He probably hopes that they will be when they review the deal next year.
“No one currently holds those posts after all.
“So this may be on the most likely changes to their arrangement.”