The Duke and Duchess of Sussex bought 100 handmade knitted hats from Make Give Live. Founder Claire Conza received the order on behalf of young Archie in a letter from Meghan and Harry, who quit royal duties earlier this year for a new life in the US.
She told The New Zealand Herald it was a “wonderful gift for the organisation”.
Ms Conza added: “As Make Give Live operates on a buy one, give one model, this will allow the group to make an extra 200 hats to distribute to families in need next winter through the various charities it supports.”
Little Archie was pictured in a Make Give Live hat on New Year’s Day when the Sussexes were staying in Canada.
The adorable snap was shared on their Sussex Royal Instagram account, which the former actress and the Queen’s grandson were forced to give up when they stepped back as senior working royals.
Ms Conza said: “Demand for the hats have continued throughout the year and the sales have created an opportunity to support even more Kiwis through a tough 2020.
“I recently posted a message on social media asking how we could get a card to them sharing how grateful we were to Harry and Meghan for shining a light on the work we do.
“This year we have donated over 3500 hats to people in need.
“[The letter] said Jacinda Ardern had let them know we were trying to get in touch and that Archie continues to wear our beanies as they have one in every size.”
FOLLOW BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES ON THE ROYAL FAMILY:
7.35am update: Prince Charles will never step aside for William
Prince Charles will not give up the throne in favour of his eldest son Prince William, a royal expert has said.
Charles is “eager” to become monarch and it is highly unlikely he will stand aside to watch the Duke of Cambridge take his place after the reign of the Queen ends, royal author Clive Irving said.
The Prince of Wales, the expert argued, is a less modern and liked figure than William.
However, Mr Irving does not believe there is a chance Charles would renounce to the throne, no matter what the public opinion says.
The expert told Express.co.uk: “Charles is eager. This man has waited so, so long to get there, and he is not going to give it up on the day that was up for him.”
7.30pm update: Meghan and Harry want Megxit review extension
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry want to secure an extension to their 12-month Megxit deal, with the Duke of Sussex planning to fly back to the UK to discuss the agreement face-to-face.
The Duchess of Sussex could accompany Harry on the trip back to the UK, as the Queen’s grandson attempts to hash out a more permanent agreement to continue as non-working royals in the US.
The couple will first hold video calls with senior royals to lay the groundwork for carving out a more long-term deal, reported.
Meghan and Harry’s existing Megxit deal, which was agreed at January’s Sandringham summit, is due to expire on March 31.