Hours after Harry and Meghan announced they were expecting their second child, it was revealed the couple have recorded a bombshell interview with their friend and former neighbour Oprah. The Duke of Sussex has been accused of disrespecting the Queen by a royal expert.
The interview – which is set to air in March – will be the first time the pair have spoken in detail about stepping away from the Firm.
Royal author Robert Jobson accused Harry of betraying the trust of the royals – especially the Queen.
He told the Daily Mail: “How can anyone move on when Meghan and Harry continue to drone on about the difficulties of royal life and being part of the Royal Family.
“This interview is a betrayal of trust whatever way you look at it.
“Harry, who claimed he wanted to escape the publicity of being a front-line royal, has swapped duty for a cash bonanza deal with Netflix.
“We are not told if money has been paid for this interview.
“The army veteran, who serviced with distinction in Afghanistan, often talks about respecting the Queen.
“But to be blunt his decision to join his wife’s tell-all on US television interview after they exited the royal family so noisily and dramatically, is another act of disrespect.
READ MORE: Queen ‘to ask Meghan and Harry to relinquish’ royal patronages
He continued: “Given the way the media focus on such royal interviews, one word out of place will be jumped on to confirm ongoing feuds in the Royal Family.
“If Harry or Meghan talk openly about the fall-out with William and Kate it will cause uproar.
“If they don’t even mention them, it will be seen as a snub to his brother or just another silky PR exercise – something their friend and interrogator Oprah Winfrey won’t like.”
This comes after Harry and Meghan could lose all their remaining royal patronages including Harry’s three honorary military titles.
Meghan would have to step down as patron of the National Theatre, which the Queen gifted to her in 2019 after 45 years in the role.
The interview – titled Oprah with Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special – will air on March 7.
SEE BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES…
8am update: Prince Harry health fears: Duke ‘suffering mild deformity’ – condition exposed in new snap
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they are expecting their second child with an adorable photo of themselves outdoors – but an eagle-eyed health expert has spotted something unusual about the Duke of Sussex’s appearance.
The couple confirmed their exciting news by sharing a picturesque photo of themselves sat under a tree, with Harry resting his hand on Meghan’s head as she lay in his lap cradling her baby bump.
A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said: “We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother.
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.”
7.50am update: Zara Tindall and Meghan Markle’s baby joy may be ‘bittersweet’ after tragic pregnancy loss
Zara Tindall and Meghan Markle are both expecting babies and while the royal mums will be excited to welcome new additions to their families, their pregnancy joy may be “bittersweet” as they have both previously experienced pregnancy loss, an expert has claimed.
Royal fans are delighted by news that both Zara Tindall, 39, and Meghan Markle, 39, are pregnant and due to give birth later this year.
While Zara’s husband Mike revealed they were expecting their third child together ahead of Christmas, Meghan and Prince Harry dazzled fans with an adorable pregnancy photo and announcement on Valentine’s Day.