The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to LA with their son Archie earlier this year causing the US President to tweet about the couple. The royal correspondents Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand’s new book Finding Freedom revealed how the Duchess privately reacted to Mr Trump’s tweet.
Mr Trump tweeted in March after the Sussexes move: “I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom.
“It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada.
“Now they have left Canada for the US however, the US will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”
Following Mr Trump’s tweet, a representative for the Sussexes released a statement.
It read: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have been made.”
The royal experts detailed how the Duchess of Sussex responded by rolling her eyes at Mr Trump’s comments in March.
Mr Scobie and Ms Durand wrote: “Meghan’s response to the president’s tweet was to roll her eyes.
“The Sussexes had never asked the US government for support and had always planned to cover their own security costs after March 30.
READ MORE: Meghan and Harry’s biography rumbled as critical flaw on page ONE
“Yes, of course, Trump is divisive, think about female voters alone, right?
“I think it was in 2012 the Republican Party lost the female vote by 12 points; that is a huge number and with as misogynistic as Trump is, and so vocal about it, that is a huge chunk of it.”
In 2019, Mr Trump called the Duchess “nasty” during an interview in the UK after learning about her previously comments towards him.
Mr Trump said: “I didn’t know that. What can I say? I didn’t know that she was nasty.”
He added that the Duchess would make a “very good” American princess in a possible attempt not to offend the Royal Family.
He said: “It is nice, and I am sure she will do excellently.”
“She will be very good. I hope she does [succeed].”
The Sussexes moved to LA in March but have reportedly changed location again.
The Duke and Duchess secretly moved after buying a private house in Santa Barbara.
The couple reportedly plan to settle down in the area with their son Archie.